AMS Manager jobs vacancy at GE Nigeria 2013
GE Energy’s Power Electronics business, formerly Lineage Power, traces our heritage to Bell Labs. Today, we deliver Total Efficiency™ power conversion solutions carrying on the tradition of patented innovation with energy-efficient AC-DC power supplies and DC-DC circuit-board mounted power modules, telecom energy systems, and custom power products backed by local field expertise in 25+ locations worldwide. Designed for decades of reliable operation, our power conversion solutions enable voice, video, and data communications while assuring investment protection, energy efficiency, and significantly reduced total cost of ownership.
We obsess over details to exceed the highest quality standards. The company holds hundreds of global patents and has invested over US $1 Billion in research and development. We want to earn the right to your business by delivering on our promises on-time and on-budget.
Our customer service and sales locations around the world deliver in-depth technical knowledge and a personalized support experience. Our TL9000-certified professional services team consists of experts in every aspect of power conversion with the resources and experience to handle large turnkey projects along with custom approaches to complex challenges. Our training offerings help you become subject matter experts in the planning, design, implementation, and optimization of our products through hands-on labs in our facilities or on-site courses customized to your specific requirements.
Large enough to be global, yet focused enough to deliver personalized support, we live by the philosophy “There is nothing more important than our customers.” Our goal is to help you do your job better, spend less time doing it, and become your favorite vendor by delivering on our promises. We measure our success based on your satisfaction.
We are committed to clear and attractive technology upgrade options that leverage your existing investments while avoiding forklift upgrades. We will compete fairly on value, technology, industry expertise, and customer support to maintain the honesty, integrity, and respect that you would expect of a world-class company. Ultimately, the driver in all of our decisions will be the needs of our customers.
We are currently recruiting for the position of:
Posted Position Title: AMS Manager
Location: IIkoyi – Lagos, Nigeria
Job Number: 1648992
- Good knowledge on Power electronics products
- Knowledge on Telecom Power Systems, Rectifiers, AC to DC converters, AMF panels Etc.
- Ability to demonstrate the understanding of business’ environment, products, and customer needs
- Familiarization with local markets
- Ability to focus on growing and maintaining customer base
- Responsible for achieving the milestones, ensure On- time deilivery committments-
- Responds quickly to customer’s feedback and drives for quick resolution
- Act as the single point of contact to the customer for timely and satisfactory resolution of concerns covering a wide variety of support services offered for each of the assigned product lines
- Establish and maintain contact to provide on-going technical and business support to assigned customers in designated geographic region
- Ensure prompt service delivery which includes Field Support, customer training, maintenance planning, spare parts tooling, advice on operation and seminars and symposiums
- Effectively handle technical queries from assigned customers and be knowledgeable of and sensitive to business, social and cultural issues significant to their customers
- Initiate and maintain service billing and tracking including issuance of service dispatch orders
- Negotiate applicable concessions as they arise balancing maximum benefits / satisfaction for the customer with minimal acceptable financial impact to GE
- Responsible for building strong long-term relationships with specific customers within the region
- Bachelors in Engineering ( Electronics / Electrical )
- 5 + years handling after market support in power electronics domain in Africa region
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Good Leadership and Customer Management Skills – Strong interpersonal skills – Good Communication and presentation skills – Teamwork oriented and collaborates to solve problems – Ability to learn and adopt new ways of doing things and embraces change – Ability to travel regularly to territories / regions
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2012
Method of Application
Qualified and Interested candidates should
Click Here To Apply Online