Procurement Assistant recent jobs at Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI) Nigeria 2013
Our organizations is a fully indigenous NGO, implementing public health intervention programs for the control of HIV/AIDS, Malaria, and Tuberculosis (including MDR TB). Our offices are in Lagos and Akure and we require competent and result oriented candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
The job holder will be responsible for coordinating the process of ordering commodities based on aggregated demand requirements, inbound logistics coordination, managing/monitoring procurement process data and performance, while ensuring the successful achievement of departmental goals and objectives.
- Work closely and effectively with internal program areas and technical work groups to identify future events, outreach programs, trainings, projects, new commodities for input into the procurement plan.
- Consolidate orders by department, product, vendor, service delivery point for integrated load supply planning.
- International Purchase Order/Request processing and management including coordinating the delivery and communication of advanced shipment notices and proof of delivery to relevant stake holders.
- Monitoring of the supply plan and generating and releasing confirmed purchase order requests on schedule while providing support in follow-up activities to expedite the delivery of goods and services.
- Collaborate in the revision of the forecast vs. actual consumption of commodities and communicates changes to the supply plan to vendors in a timely manner.
- Perform as liaison between client, program/project staff and suppliers to resolve procurement issues relating to needs assessment, material availability, and specifications, units of measure and ensure that procurements are duly authorized and within budget
- Ensures compliance with procurement policies and procedures, ethical practices and adherence to relevant laws and regulatory requirements
- Procurement tracking and maintenance of all information on inbound logistics management of all supplier deliveries in addition to reporting on backlog, order status, shipments, scheduled receipts in relation to current inventory positions.
- Collaborate with the Warehouse Team to analyze slow moving /close-to-expire inventory and coordinates meetings with the individual program areas to determine disposition.
- Responsible for the accuracy/integrity, collection and management of all information that are required for procurement decision making.
- Responsible for conducting spend/ price vs. cost analysis for strategic decision making
- Develop and manage supplier relationships and commodity strategies to assure high quality, cost effective and timely supply of required commodities and services.
- Effectively monitor supplier performance metrics and maintain records pertaining to purchased commodities and services to control cost, quality, lead times and delivery reliability.
- Collaborate with the Administrative Department in the maintenance of the current supplier portfolio and continuously investigate potential vendors/suppliers.
- Procurement risk management including the process of identifying and assessing risks as well as planning, communicating and implementing responses to disruptive events that could affect the suppliers’ ability to deliver items in a timely manner, with acceptable quality and cost.
- Continuously implement and review best practice projects that will deliver significant cost savings and value improvement to the organization.
Qualifications and Experience
A minimum of two years cognate experience, with a first degree or HND in any discipline in Social Sciences or Humanities.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal communication skill.
- Strong application of initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multi-task.
Application Closing date
December 25, 2012. EHAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Method of application:
EHAI has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may go to EHAI Career Center at www.ehaing.org for more details and submit their CV/resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Only completed applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
EHAI does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.