Finance Manager jobs at Hamilton lloyd and Associates Nigeria 2013
Due to internal vacancies, the Nigerian office has decided to search for a Finance Manager.
Job Title: Finance Manager
External: Tax Authority, Consultants, External Auditors, Banks etc.
Other Business Units: All Departments
- Provide effective operational financial planning, monitoring , accounting and reporting
- Oversee the smooth and efficient running of the accounts department
- Ensure compliance with statutory authorities and audit requirements including taxation and other legislative requirements
- Update and keep relevant chart of accounts that reflect all financial management activities of the company
- Responsible for safeguarding / verifying and controlling of all cash expenditures including payments and petty cash administration.
- Supervises all accounting officers in ensuring completeness and accuracy of transactions & records
- Monitors and enforces operational and internal control procedures as well as management of authorization procedures
- Financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Evaluation and management of company assets , ensuring proper procedures in acquisition , registration, transfers and disposals
- Liaising with banks and other relevant financial institutions in matter relating to the organization.
- Supervises reviews and approvals of bank reconciliations
- Facilitating sales/ order entry processes and maintaining all sales related records
- P&L account, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- Ensure accuracy of financial reports
- Supervising the activities of all unit heads in the finance department
- Ensuring adequate treasury plan for the company
- Monitors the collation and consolidation of trial balance and financial reports.
- Manages the company’s fixed asset register.
- Reviews the reconciliation of bank and inter-branch accounts.
- Supervises and/or prepare contracts for the procurement of goods and services.
- Ensures that all records and data are adequately created and maintained in a logical order to ensure ease of reference and audit from the company’s internal audit unit.
- To develop and implement tax planning strategies and apply expertise to tax functions in solving tax problems, aiding in tax decisions, and identifying tax planning opportunities and risks.
- To manage treasury functions to safeguard the company’s cash, maximize return on ready cash and adequately plans for cash needs.
- To represent the company in tax matters with tax authorities, and obtains tax clearance certificates for staff and the company as a whole.
- To provide inputs, especially those relating to available cash and tax returns when financial reports are to be prepared.
- To keep records of Departmental/staff cash requests and disbursements.
- To manage the reconciliation of bank accounts and relationship with bank officials.
- Other duties as assigned by the CFO.
- In respect of the ideal candidate profile:
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems. A strong working knowledge of Sage and Excel is preferred.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
B.Sc in Accounting or Finance, MBA and ACA highly desirable in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in the Pharmaceutical and FMCG industry. With minimum of 7 years post NYSC relevant experience.
Application Closing Date:
18th December, 2012
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only qualified candidates that fit the job description will be contacted. Please ensure you read Job description carefully.