Procurement and Contracts (Assistant Manager) jobs at WTS Energy Nigeria 2012
Our Client an International Oil & Gas Company is recruiting to fill the below position of:
Job Title: Procurement and Contracts (Assistant Manager)
Job Code: WTOA21185909
- The Assistant Manager (P&C) shall be responsible for preparing and updating the Procurement Operating Plan and contracts register.
- The Assistant Manager (P&C) shall report to the Head – Finance and Commercial.
- The Assistant Manager (P&C) will be responsible for executing each contract according to the relevant contracting policy, procedure and process (external or internal) and act as a single point of contact for all formal and legal correspondence relating to contracts on the offshore block with NAPIMS. The Assistant Manager (P&C) will also:
- Maintain the specification of procurement performance metrics;
- Monitor contract performance and report;
- Be responsible for facilitating independent audit and inspection activities as well as independent project monitoring and assurance as per Essar Corporate requirements;
- Represent companies interests to the contractor(s) and sub-contractor(s) at the contract level;
- Oversee operation of the contract(s);
- Determine and take remedial actions by agreement with the contractor(s) and sub-contractor(s);
- Negotiate remedies with the contractor(s) and sub-contractor(s) in consultation with the Head – Finance and Commercial and Head – Legal (as required);
- Escalate contract problems as necessary; and
- Maintain/develop contract specifications.
- 7-12 years of experience in petroleum / energy industry.
- Knowledge of planning and economics incl. financial
- Broad Experience / knowledge in the E&P Business , with hands-on experience in Procurement, Contracting and Negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills, experience in managing of technical groups.
- Proven track record within company or affiliated enterprises (motivation, responsibility, people management, potential for leadership, etc.)
Application Closing Date
19th December, 2012
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online