Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Technical Officer, Project Management jobs vacancy Nigeria 2012
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are currently recruiting for the position of:
Job Title: Technical Officer, Project Management
Job ID: 13-5743
1.) The Technical Officer will work in a team lead by a Technical Advisor or Senior Technical Advisor to provide integrated technical assistance for the capacity building of CSO and government partners in strengthening their management system and support the delivery of programs for project management, Grants & Procurement Management, Proposal Development and leadership, management and governance in order to enable the partners to be more programmatic, institutional and financially sustainable.
2.) The TO will required to have specialized training and experience in one of the management areas mentioned above and should be familiar with PEPFAR and HIV/AIDS service
delivery in Nigeria. Good knowledge of the expectations and demands of USAID and other international donor agencies will be an added advantage. The TO is expected to have strong facilitation skills and able to work to train staff of partner organizations and play an active role in managing the PEPFAR Health professionals’ fellowship program.
3.) The TO will work under the supervision of the PLAN-Health Senior Technical Advisor but will be expected to work closely in a team and other colleagues in MSH Nigeria.
1. Client Responsibilities:
The TO accomplishes project goals through the following:
- Implementing technical assistance in a manner that leads to adoption and sustainable use of MSH tools and approaches by building client awareness of current gaps, achieving buy-in on the viability and need for an MSH tool or approach, and training client staff on the use of MSH tools or approaches.
- Building and managing professional relationships with key stakeholders, and providing reliable, high-quality follow through on all obligations to clients and other parties.
- Bringing pending needs for contracted work or short term technical assistance to the attention of the Senior Technical Advisor in a timely manner.
2. Internal Responsibilities
The TO supports the functioning of MSH Nigeria through the following:
- Providing support to Technical Advisors and other staff on integrating clients’ needs for institutional capacity building into project work plans and budget projections.
- Drafting internal reports and/or communications as needed.
- Submitting requests for contracts or STTA, and all administrative items (e.g., expense reports, timesheets, travel requests), in a timely manner.
- Making the Senior Technical Advisor aware of opportunities to expand MSH Nigeria’s impact through new client engagement
- Providing support to the PEPFAR Health Professional’s Fellowship Program
- Graduate degree in international public health, international development, public policy, public administration, management, social sciences or a related discipline. Nigeria-specific experience required.
- Proven skills in curriculum design and development of instructional materials
- Skills in adult learning
- Ability to work as a member of a team, and to contribute to developing a new project in a dynamic environment.
- Proven programmatic, technical, and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with professional colleagues in a broad range of indigenous governmental organizations and NGOs.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications, teamwork and partnering abilities.
- Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Skill in web design will be a plus.
- Fluency in oral and written English required.
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria regularly and potentially outside Nigeria, as required.
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2012
Method of Application
Qualified and Interested candidates should
Click Here To Apply Online