Company Secretary jobs at Nestoil Plc lagos Nigeria 2012
Nestoil Plc is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Company Secretary
Job ID: 025
The Company Secretary will be responsible for all the organization’s secretarial, legal and governance matters within the Obijackson Group ,and act as a point of communication between the Board of Directors, the Company and the Shareholders .
Key Result Areas Main Activities and Responsibilities
1.) Company Meetings Management and Due Diligence
- Summon meetings at the instance of the Board of Directors by issuing notices to all those who are entitled to receive them.
- Preparation of the agenda in consultation with the Chairman, providing the particulars for, or preparing the outline of any speech to be delivered by the Chairman.
- Gathering all reports, documents and correspondence, which are likely to be needed at the meeting and arranging them in order of business in conformity with the agenda.
- Taking notes, recording all vital points and instructions decided in the meeting, and rendering assistance /advice to the Chairman when necessary.
- Sending copies of the minutes to appropiate persons.
- Advise the company on complying with the applicable rules and regulations.
- Maintain the registers and other statutory records.
- Render proper returns and give notifications required to be given to the Corporate Affairs Commission
- File all necessary returns, such as special resolutions, annual list, and return of allotments.
- Compile and file all statutory returns with the Corporate Affairs Commission
- Act as a bridge between the board and the shareholders.
- Act as an intermediary between the company and the public
4.) Records Keeping
- Ensures the proper custody of the statutory and other books of the company, such as register of charges and account books, register and index of members, register of Directors and Secretaries.
Qualifications and Requirement
- BL , Minimum of 2.2 in Law, ICSAN professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years post call in a similar role. Experience in Oil and Gas will be an added advantage.
- Concern for order, quality and accuracy
- Organizational awareness
- Analytical thinking
- Team player with excellent personnel management skills
- Strong communications skills
- Must be computer literate
Application Closing Date
17th December, 2012
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please send CV with subject tagged “Company Secretary – 025″ to: