Quality Improvement Officer – VC jobs post at University Research Company (URC) Nigeria 2012
University Research Co., LLC. Requires suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below
Position Title: Quality Improvement Officer – VC
Location: Lagos State
University Research Company (URC) is an international for non-profit organization based m Bethesda Maryland USA. URC is currently soliciting applications for a Quality Improvement Officer for a Vulnerable Children (VC) program funded by United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in Lagos states. The program is designed to improve the well-being of vulnerable children and caregivers through a sustainable, comprehensive and coordinated response.
1. Provide technical direction and management for all project tasks and implementation team.
2. Work closely with the Regional Quality Improvement Advisors to organize quality improvement activities
3. Ensure implementation of activities to improve well-being and care for Vulnerable Children, and their households.
4. Synthesize, document and disseminate the process of institutionalizing quality of care into existing systems and social service structures.
5. Ensure technical support for quality improvement activities is provided to the state Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development and partners.
6. Provide financial management and accountability of all project tasks in compliance with USAID regulations and URC policies.
7. Assume responsibility for the achievement and documentation of project results and ensure timely completion of all project deliverables for USAID and other stakeholders.
8. Ensure excellent relationships with United States Government (USG) partners, the state Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development and other stakeholders.
9. Perform any other responsibilities as required.
Qualifications and skills:
- Minimum of university degree in any discipline.
- At least a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Vulnerable children programming on USAID President Emergency Plan for AIDs Relief (PEPFAR) funded project
- A minimum of three (3) years significant time in management and leadership capacity.
- Experience with United State (US) government systems, specifically USAID – reporting processes and program indicators
- Relevant experience in capacity building for diverse targets, particularly in indigenous organizations and community settings
- Good communication & writing skills
- Computer skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft office and internet application are essential.
- Fluency in both written and oral English required and ability to speak local languages is desirable.
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria.
- Fluency in the local language of the state where one is applying,
Interested candidates should send a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and suitability letter as one document attachment to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate on the subject line of the email the position and location i.e. which state you want to work. Please note that URC will not provide relocation allowance, candidates are expected to be resident in the state. CV should include daytime telephone number, email address, salary expectations and names, phone numbers and addresses of three referees. Closing date is Thursday 20th December, 2012.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.