Head of Operation and Customer Service jobs vacancy at Maersk Group Nigeria 2012
Maersk is currently recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Head of Operation and Customer Service
Job Ref.: DC-012898
In this role:
- Will take part in the design and execution of an ambitious business plan that will look at accelerated growth over the next 5 years
- Exposure to Regional and Global Key clients
- Enhance leadership capabilities
- Process design and implementation
- Coach the operations team ensuring that all members are motivated and trained to the required level of competences and skills
- Set timely business related objectives to each operations employee making sure that all of them understand their responsibilities
- Determine key development actions to enhance performance
- Drive performance in compliance with the Performance Appraisal Process
- Retain and develop talent.
Measures of Performance
- Country’s budgeted CM1
- Operational KPIs
- Client retention – Churn rate
- Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Employee Engagement Survey
- Lead, develop and drive effective and well-synchronised operations and customer service across our products.
- Develop relationships with Customs Officials at each of the relevant Commands in Lagos.
- Develop close relationships with customers, vendors and client managers.
- In conjunction with the Country Sales Manager agree on specific development plans for products, trade lanes and customers.
- Establish KPIs and ensure adherence to global/regional/local SOPs
- Ensure compliance with operational procedures and systems
- Support product development
- Responsible for achieving Customer Satisfaction Survey targets.
- Responsible for delivering on the variable cost targets
- Maintain customers informed about cargo and shipments status throughout the export/import processes ensuring that procedures are carried out timely and correctly in order to deliver the agreed services.
- Ensure that operating procedures are in place and that a high process mindset is driven at all times to ensure continuous productivity improvements.
- Ensure that operations are executed flawlessly and avoid margin deterioration as a result of operational failures.
- Act as escalation point on Customs related matters and ensure prompt resolution of disputes/queries, completion of one-off tasks and avoidance of any service disruptions for the Company.
- Size up service performance with vendors and other thirds parties to improve service levels
- Foster relationship with Key Suppliers at Director Levels and ensure that same is driven in the different levels of the organization at their own levels of regular interaction.
- Ensure accurate file estimation, customer invoicing, supplier invoice approvals, resolution of customer or supplier invoice dispute, and file closing
- Follow-up on agreed rates, terms, credit and service levels agreed for customers
- Manage the development and deployment of operations and customer service processes, guidelines and standards
- Ensure each team have client’s SOP in place, update it and establish IOP with relevant parties (truckers, finance team etc).
- Conduct relevant benchmarking and analysis to identify opportunities for performance improvement.
- Responsible for all client implementations of new business across Nigeria
- Identify development opportunities for further exploration of new services with current or new customers
- Actively promote within our customer base cross selling initiatives as agreed with the Country Sales Manager.
Who we are looking for
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years experience in managerial positions in Freight Forwarding Operations.
- Proven track record of P&L responsibility.
- Proven experience on product design and development.
- Project management and process excellence skills
- Good communicator and able to develop solid relationships with key suppliers
- Good skills in negotiation, evaluation and problem solving
- Excellent planning and execution capabilities
- Result oriented and self driven
- The position requires excellent English written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of other languages is helpful.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
Application Closing Date
15th January 2013.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, at the Country drop down, select Africa, then click Head of Operation and Customer Service
For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.