Economic and Market Development (EMD) Advisor, Household Economic Strengthening Advisor jobs in an International NGO Nigeria 2012
Vacancies: Economic and Market Development (EMD) Advisor, Household Economic Strengthening Advisor
Mercy Corps is an International NGO that is seeking to fill vacant positions.
Position: Economic and Market Development (EMD) Advisor
- MA/S or equivalent in social science, management, business, or international development.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience directly managing development economic programs in a development setting is required.
- Experience in economic development and/or enterprise development required. Formal training and/or experience in a Markets for the Poor or marketed development is preferred.
- Proven experience interacting with the private sector preferred.
- Will require a minimum of 50% travel to remote, rural locations.
- The EMD Advisor is responsible for leading and supervising the economic and market development components for an integrated peacebuilding and EMD program in five middle-belt states. S/he will ensure that economic aspects of conflict are adequately assessed, while designing and supervising implementation of community-led economic and natural resource projects and supporting business-led efforts to raise awareness of the economic costs of conflict and advocates for stability-enhancing policy change. S/he provides technical leadership in the design and implementation of economic development activities using a market-led approach integrated with peace building.
Submit application at the following link: http://bit.ly/NBueTI
Position: Household Economic Strengthening Advisor
- MA/S or equivalent in social science, management, business, or international development. At least 5 years work experience with a for-profit company, NGO or agribusiness working with vulnerable and marginalized groups. Proven knowledge of international best practices of household economic strengthening, with preference for candidates working with OVCs and OVC caregivers. Experience working in two or more of the following speciality areas preferred: market-driven economic development, private sector engagement, microfinance, village savings and loan associations (VSLA), micro-insurance, entrepreneurship development, and/or value chain linkages. Will require a minimum of 50% travel to remote, rural locations.
- The Advisor will provide technical direction for a proposed Household Economic Strengthening program. S/he will assist with the development of innovative economic strengthening strategies for vulnerable households to compliment other Nigerian government, private sector and international donor funded program interventions by strengthening the capacity of Nigerian entities (NGOs, CSO, local financial institutions). S/he will guide activities that mitigate economic vulnerability and enable targeted households to cope with economic shocks. S/he will facilitate relationships between households caring for OVCs and public and private sector actors. Emphasis will be placed on market-oriented strategies, including private sector demand-driven job creation, enterprise development, financial education, value chain linkages and savings, credit and insurance services.
Submit application at the following link: http://bit.lv/OSuy4e
- Successful candidates will meet qualification requirements.
- Excellent written and spoken English is required for all positions.
Method of Application
All applications will include a one-page cover letter with salary requirements, CV with references, original transcripts, degree certification and NYSC certificate.
Deadline for All Applications: 20th December, 2012 at 4:00pm (deadline may be revised without notice)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.