Grant Finance Assistant jobs at Concern Universal Nigeria – Benue Nigeria 2012
Concern Universal Nigeria is seeking experienced candidates to support the implementation of this programme under this category
Job Title: Grant Finance Assistant – Benue – (GSF – RUSHPIN)
Location: Based in Markudi, Benue State, Nigeria. Inter State and up country travel required.
Responsible to: Finance Manager
Start Date: 1st February, 2013
Relationships with others: Will communicate and liaise closely with Concern Universal (CU) and GSF stakeholders, as necessary/ appropriate
- The Grant Finance Assistant for Benue State is responsible for supporting GSF field staff and sub-grantees in understanding and adhering to GSF-RUSHPIN financial management systems and procedures
- A significant level of effort will be rendered in CU office in Makurdi, in with extensive travel to field locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
1.) In relation to Sub – Grantees
- Support sub – grantees with setting up appropriate financial systems that fit in with CU/GSF requirements (including maintaining proper records of financial transactions) and identifying capacity gaps
- To act as key reference point for financial queries relating to the operation of GSF-RUSHPIN project; This will include:
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly forecasts and float requests
- Utilization of standard float retirement template
- Understanding and utilization of appropriate budget lines for each transaction
- All other financial queries by sub – grantees
- Responsible for sub – grantees floats and retirements to the extent of;
- Receiving accurate monthly float retirements and bank reconciliations, from all sub – grantees and feeding retirements into CU’s ledger.
- Monthly and year-end verification of sub – grantee balances
- Flagging up outstanding floats and bank reconciliations
- Support sub – grantees procurement process by being part of their procurement committee
2.) In relation to Grant Accountant
- To work closely with the Grant Accountant in;
- Identifying capacity gaps and training needs of sub-grantees
- Implementing/embedding improved Grant/Finance management systems at sub – grantee level
- Preparation and drafting of monthly and annual budgets; and periodic forecasts, based on sub-grantees’ requirements
3.) In relation to CU Calabar office;
- Finance Department
- Processing GSF transactions on Sage Peachtree
- Liaising with other CU Finance staff, as may be necessary
- GSF Project Staff
- Obtain authorisation for partner retirements (from Programme Manager), before processing on the ledger
- Obtaining authorization for float requests from Programme Manager
4.) In relation to other CU/GSF Stakeholders
- PCM (PWC) – Support the PCM with field visits as may be required
- Auditors – To liaise with auditors and provide them with required information, during field work of programme audits.
5.) To carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the Finance Manager &/or the Country Director.
- B.sc or BA Accounting/Finance
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of computers: MS Office tools (minimum Word, Excel, Internet browsing/e-mail operations) and an e-finance system.
- Experience of training/coaching Finance and non-Finance staff, Experience of working with an e-Finance system,
- Experience of working within a cross-cultural setting.
- Excellent attention to details
Application Closing Date
20th December, 2012
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: CVs will not be acknowledged or accepted.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for panel interviews. All applications should be submitted before 4pm of the closing date.