InterContinental Hotel Learning and Development Manager jobs vacancy Nigeria 2012
InterContinental Hotel, Lagos will open in 2013 and will be located on Victoria Island, in the centre of Lagos home to the majority of foreign embassies and multinational companies, making it the perfect residence for affluent business and diplomatic travelers. Built on an elevated terrain overlooking Lagos’s port and the city below, the 19 storey hotel will offer uninterrupted, spectacular views of Lagos Skyline.
InterContinental Lagos will comprise of 358 well-appointed, elegantly decorated rooms and suites as well as a Club InterContinental floor. Guests will have access to an all-day dining restaurant, two specialty restaurants, room service and the pool bar for lighter meal choices and snacks. The lobby lounge and cocktail bar will be the perfect setting for casual meetings over coffee or drinks. In addition, for the health conscious traveler there will be a health club bar serving fresh juices. InterContinental Lagos will also offer exclusive business and conference facilities including a state of the art ballroom with a foyer area, and several additional flexible meeting and breakout. Other amenities will include a fully-equipped gym, outdoor pool, and retail space.
We are currently recruiting our Learning and Development Manager
Job Title: Learning and Development Manager
As the Learning and Development Manager you will ensure that the Hotel has the right skills to meet business objectives through appropriate learning and development solutions.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- To help the Organisation improve its operational performance over the short and long term period
- Addresses critical skills shortages and unit performance gap
- Bridge the gap between desired and actual performance
- Ensure that personal development plans are in place for all employees and Training planned and implemented to meet current and future company requirements
- Ensure that training is aligned to strategic plans e.g skills shortages, succession plans and talent management
- Ensure that all workshops and training interventions actively engage the individual in the learning process
- Promotes the desired work culture around the five core values of the Winning ways-show we care, Aim higher, Celebrate the difference, Work better together of the InterContinental Hotels.
- A degree in Human Resources Management/Education or its equivalent
- At least 5 years experience in a managerial skills development / L&D function. Experience in the Hospitality Sector will be an advantage
- High level of people, HR and Training skills
- Pre opening Hotel experience a strong plus
- Outgoing ‘bubbly’ personality
- Creative and ‘out of the box thinking’
- Able to champion change
- Good understanding of the local business and operation environments and markets
- Service minded and ability to involve and support operations
- Business savvy and good people skills.
Application Closing Date
31 December 2012
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online