Federal College of Education Registrar jobs vacancy Nigeria 2012
Job Position: Registrar, Federal College of Education, Kano.
The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the College and is responsible to the Provost for the day to day administration of the College. He/She is a Principal Officer and the Head of Registry Department. He also serves as Secretary to the Governing Council, Academic Board and other statutory Committees. He/She is also responsible for keeping all the records of the Institution.
An applicant for the post of Registrar should:
- Be a graduate with good honours degree in any of the Social Sciences/Arts subjects with at least eighteen (17) years cognate experience; or a Masters Degree from a recognized institution of higher learning plus at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience; or a Doctorate degree with at least twelve (12) years cognate experience; preferably in Institution of Higher Learning (Registry Department);
- Evidence of strong administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good industrial human relations and positive managerial attributes;
- Evidence of membership of reputable professional body (ies) in Nigeria;
- Be Information and Communication Technology (1CT) compliant and must command respect and be able to carry colleagues along;
- Be objective, fair minded, impartial, and proven integrity; and
- The successful applicant must not exceed fifty-five (55) years of age at the time of assumption of duty.
2.) Terms of Appointment/Conditions of Service
The Registrar shall hold office for a period of five (5) years in the first instance beginning from the effective date of his appointment and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment, and may be renewable, subject to satisfactory performance for another term of five years only. He will be on salary grade of Contediss 15.
3.) Application Closing Date
14th January, 2012
4.) Methods of Application
Applicants are to attach to their hand written applications, twenty (20) copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the details in the following order:
- Full Names with Surname underlined.
- Date and place of birth
- State of Origin/Local Government Area
- Marital Status
- Current postal address/including Telephone No. and E-mail address.
- Educational Institutions Attended with dates
- Academic/Professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
- Previous Employer(s) and Posts held with Dates
- Present Employment, including present status and salary
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees who are to forward confidential reports on them. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claims of administrative capacities as well as their characters.
All applications should be submitted in sealed envelope to reach the
Office of the Provost,
Federal College of Education,
P.M.B. 3045, Kano
Only short listed candidates will be invited for the interview