Receptionist/Front Desk Executive (Abuja Office), Manager jobs in a Leading Dredging Firm Nigeria 2012
Vacancies: Receptionist/Front Desk Executive (Abuja Office), Manager
Our client is a growing and Leading Dredging Firm that specializes in sand mining, dredging, reclamation, shore protection and canalization and, is currently expanding info Oil/gas and Aviation industries. With business operations and offices in Bayelsa State and Abuja, Nigeria, our client is looking at increasing its workforce in line with the changing trends in its operating environment. As a result, our client is currently seeking to engage the services of dynamic, intelligent and knowledgeable individuals to fill the following vacancies/ positions:
Position: Receptionist/Front Desk Executive
Summary of Duties:
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of calls, and forward calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Take and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors visitor access and issues passes when required.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail; maintains and routes publications.
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Operates multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls; directs callers to appropriate personnel by performing the following duties; completes a variety of administrative duties.
- Prepares travel vouchers.
- Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies.
- Performs other clerical duties such as filing photocopying, and collating.
- First degree in Humanities, Management Studies
- At least 3 years experience in a related field
- Must be very articulate and smart
- Must have attractive looks
- Be confident and self-motivated
- Demonstrate a passionate commitment to the business
- Welcome and embrace change, with a positive attitude
- Be able to work unsupervised in a busy environment
- Be friendly, smiley, sociable and welcoming to our customers.
- Be calm, patient and polite, especially, when under pressure.
- Be helpful and go out of your way to help our customer
- Be immaculately dressed
- Maintain excellent time-keeping and attendance
- Build and maintain good relationships with all team members
- Be able to communicate well with people of all levels.
Position: Office Manager
Organize, coordinate and supervise all of the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of an office.
Summary of Duties:
- Ensure the smooth running of the entire office structure with or without supervision by taking ownership of issues or challenges that may come up from time to time and resolving them promptly with minimum effect on the business.
- Showing /taking the initiative in developing and implementing new administrative ideas that would add value to the smooth running of the office in the most cost effective way.
- Establish standards and procedures for themselves and their reports and, taking the lead in ensuring that these standards and procedures are duly implemented.
- Allocate tasks and duties to their reports while monitoring their implementation/execution in a timely manner.
- Coach, mentor and, where necessary, discipline office staff to ensure optimum performance and efficiency.
- Liaise with local and international customers on behalf of the company through verbal, written or electronic communication.
- Sourcing, following up and managing of new business opportunities.
- Ensure security and confidentiality of data
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, plus knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures is an added advantage
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- High level of confidence at all times in their dealings with staff, colleagues as well as all categories of external contacts.
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures as well as possess excellent computer skills. Must be thoroughly proficient in MS office especially Word and Excel and be familiar with other relevant IT systems and able to quickly gain a working knowledge of such systems.
Experience Required: Five + years Executive office management experience in a multifaceted business environment.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send detailed CV, two most recent best photographs and cover email with the position applied for as subject/title to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Submission Deadline: 7th December 2012
Please indicate job reference in the mail smokers, need not to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.