Graduate Entry Level Sales Executive at United Biscuits (UB) jobs in Lagos Nigeria 2012
United Biscuits (UB) is one of the world’s pre-eminent branded snacks businesses. We produce some of the best known and loved sweet and savoury snacks, with products ranging from biscuits and crackers to cakes and savoury snacks. Our unrivalled portfolio of brands has been meeting consumer needs for well over 100 years and includes such favourites as McVitie’s, Jacob’s, Carr’s, McCoy’s, Hula Hoops, McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes, KP, Mini Cheddars, go ahead!, Verkade, Sultana, BN, and Delacre. UB holds leading or strong number two positions in its core markets of the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France, Belgium and Ireland. Moreover our brands and products have global appeal. We have a rapidly growing international business unit serving consumers from North America to the Middle East, Africa, and Australia.
We are currently seeking a high calibre Sales Executive to cover the Lagos area in Nigeria.
Job Position: Sales Executive
The role reports to the Nigeria Regional Manager, you will be responsible for growing McVities’s brand in Lagos from availability & visibility perspectives, with the support of the UB team and the local distributor. The key area of focus is in the retail environment.
Most of the products are locally made but some of them are imported from the UK. The brand is highly important to our distributor, but currently lacks UB field support . The purpose of this role is to give McVities’s this required support in the field.
- Defining Visibility Standards, planograms and pos material
- Assisting the RM in setting must stock lists by channel.
- Contributing in the brand’s sku planning
- Following up stock availability
- Identifying with the distributors Sales Managers opportunities and new untapped potential channels of distribution.
- Recommend to RM Incentives to sales force or to the trade
- Makes decisions regarding implementation of sales plan and trade marketing activities to be in line with the agreed plans
- Be a key channel of communication from management to field force and vice versa and main contact with UB local marketing team.
- Exchange best practices within Lagos markets and in some occasions at Nigeria level
Desired Skills & Experience
Of graduate calibre, you will have a track record of success gained within FMCG, Telecoms or Home appliances.
You will also:
- Be Passionate, dynamic, self motivated and innovative with solid commercial acumen.
- Have as strong customer focus Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Demonstrate the ablility to lead and influence.
- Bilingual, very good written & spoken English is essential. French or Portuguese would be useful.
- Computer literate to include Excel and Word
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Flexible to travel domestically regularly and periodically internationally and have a local Driving Licence.
Application Closing Date
22nd December, 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online