Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) Jobs Vacancies Nigeria 2012 (7 Positions)
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non–Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek applications from qualified applicants for the following positions:
1.) Programme Manager; reporting to TB Coordinator
- Implement project plan and system that communicates tasks, deadlines, status and track project milestones and deliverables.
- Coordinate partners’ activities, including creating enabling environment for effective project implementation, collate, review and monitor their reports and ensure that they correctly reflect the performance on the field.
- Ensure that implementation is consistent with the overall project design across the 37 States of the Federation, and project transactions are kept within the limits of the budget and grant funds are expended in an efficient manner
- Applicants must possess a medical background with Master’s degree in Public Health or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience on donor funded TB projects in Nigeria with good knowledge of epidemiology and significant understanding of operations research techniques.
- Ability to relate effectively with development partners, Civil Society Organizations and MoH at national and state levels.
- Strong skills in leadership, organizational, analytical, institutional capacity strengthening, interpersonal and excellent written and oral communication skills with proficiency in computer packages such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Epi-info and SPSS are necessary.
- Experience and good understanding of Global Fund principles and procedures is desirable.
2.) Human Resources/Admin. Deputy Manager, reporting to Director, Finance & Admin.
- Ensure that all statutory meetings in the organization are serviced and serve as Secretary to the Management meetings and put effect all Management decisions and communication to staff
- Proper maintenance of office building and equipment including insurances.
- Handle all staff matters which includes recruitment, deployment, discipline, leave matters, staff group insurance, maintenance of staff records, and ensuring adherence to the organizations rules and regulations
- Supervise the admin secretaries and statt and facilitates the conduct of annual pcrfi.wmance appraisals for all staff
- Serves as focal person to security issues: life and property of the organization
- Applicants must possess a degree in Social Sciences.
- A master’s degree in relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years working experience including strong personnel, procurement and administrative skill is required.
- He/she should also have strong writing and analytical skills, computer application including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint in a development sector are essential
3.) Procurement/Logistics M&E Officer; reporting to Procurement and Logistics Specialist
- Support and strengthen the Logistics Monitoring Information System (LMIS) of the program
- Coordinates Logistics mentoring and supportive supervision to the Zonal, States and facilities based on the Work plan of the organization.
- Support regular supervision and provide oversight for the maintenance of the storage facilities in the Program, and provide periodic reports (e.g. stock status, commodities storage condition reports, etc.) on Procurement and Logistics activities and warehousing maintenance.
- Documents all Procurements, movable and immovable properties/assets and ensures that best practices are adopted in the usage and disposal of the items ofthe organization.
- Supports the documentation of all PSM activities.
- Filing of all Procurement documents of the organization
- Maintain the Procurement Matrix, reconcile procurement requests, and support other PSM activities as at when needed by the organization.
- Candidates must process a B.Sc. Pharm with a minimum of 5 years experience in the management of international procurement and supplies chain management functions.
- A Master’s Degree in related field will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must be familiar with logistics M&E with appropriate certification and relevant qualifications.
- Also required is familiarity with Government and international donor agencies rules and regulations, and proficiency in LMIS software, analytical and problem solving skills.
- lndebt knowledge and understanding of Nigerian drugs regulations and management is mandatory.
4.) Monitoring and Evaluation Officer; reporting to M&E Coordinator
- Involve in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities and ensure that strategies are implemented according to plan.
- Work with other project staff and sub-recipients to ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are carried out appropriately to meet the donor and projects M&E needs.
- Support the development and design of the M&E framework, tools and project M&E plans and guidelines and surveillance data for program planning, evaluation, and policy advocacy.
- Provide continuous technical assistants on data management to project team.
- Ensure regular maintenance of database/information system
- Contribute effectively at national and sub-national levels to Health Management Information System strengthening
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data verification and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly project reports, proposal writing and assessment exercises.
- Participate in project assessments, evaluations and design teams, and conduct operational research activities.
- Make presentations to stakeholders at both technical and non-technical sessions on program achievements and deliverables
- Represent and make appropriate presentation at professional meetings, conferences and workshops related to Monitoring and Evaluation including M&E Technical Working Group (TWG) and other relevant technical committees.
- Applicants must have a University degree in any of the following related field: Medicine, Pharmacy, Statistics, Demography and Public Health.
- A master’s degree in public health will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria or related fields/ programs in developing countries; and working experience with Global Fund, USAID or any other donor funded programs is desirable.
- Applicant’s experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
5.) Communication Specialist; reporting to Director of Programmes
- To project the image of the organization and implemented projects as well as manage the development of ARFH’s website, e-bulletin and online learning community, ensuring that activities delivered on schedule and to budget
- To research, write, commission, edit and publish accurate and effective online project achievement content; ensuring that online content meets high editorial standards.
- To work with stakeholder, program and M &E teams to explore potentials donors success stories, disseminate lessons learnt, success stories and bestpractices.
- To work with media to make visible the donors projects in the country, and contribute to the development of tools, IEC materials and public relations as appropriate.
- To improve documentation, and serves as the contact person with the Media officials.
- Applicants must have a University degree in any of the following related field: Mass Communication, Journalism, Computer sciences, Social Sciences. etc.
- A master’s degree in communication arts will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar position on projects focusing on HIV/AIDS. Tuberculosis, Malaria or related fields; and working experience with Global Fund, USAID or any other donor funded programs is desirable.
- Publishing skills and website management strongly required.
6.) Internal Auditor, reporting toAudit Manager
- Continually review controls for adequacy and ensure controls established are strictly adhered to and in line with the guiding objectives of the grant and the Organization.
- Verifies and checks all supporting documents for purpose, beneficiary, value, authorization and date.
- Check and ensure that relevant processes are followed for procurements.
- Follow through on proper, complete and timely retirements of advances. Carry out Spot check on all movable assets including cash.
- Identifies potential risk areas and internal control flaws in the course of audit and submit timely reports and implementable recommendations on audits carried out.
- Applicants must possess a Bachelors degree in accounting or social sciences; be a member of any recognized chartered accounting institute (ACA or ACCA).
- Minimum of 6 years post NYSC experience in a reputable audit firm or international development organization.
- Ability to use Quick Books accounting software is desirable.
- Applicants must be highly numeric, fluent in spoken and written English language, work independently and pay close attention to details.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills and strong analytical/problem solving skills with proven interpersonal and organizational skills are essential.
- An MBA is an added advantage.
7.) Driver; reporting to HR/Admin. Deputy Manager
- Provide transportation support to staff for project activities.
- Handle vehicle fueling and maintenance, and ensure adherence to organization’s transport and security policies.
- A minimum of WAEC, valid drivers’ license and 5 years relevant experience is required.
- Candidate must be disciplined, honest and conversant with the Nigeria highway codes and road networks in the country.
- Other mechanical certificates will he added advantage.
Application Closing Date
6 December, 2012
How To Apply
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job; to email@example.com.
Applications that fail to comply with the above instructions will be disqualified while only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.