Chief Executive Officer (for the Nigerian National Competitiveness Council) jobs at Elumelu Foundation, Federal Ministry of Trade & Investment, Lagos, Nigeria 2012
Elumelu Foundation, Federal Ministry of Trade & Investment, Lagos, Nigeria
Position: Chief Executive Officer (for the Nigerian National Competitiveness Council)
About the National Competitiveness Council of Nigeria (NCCN)
The National Competitiveness Council of Nigeria (NCCN) is a federal public-private sector initiative of the national transformation agenda. Under the leadership of the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Trade and Investment, with support from The Tony Elumelu Foundation and other partners, the objective of the NCCN is to research, promote, implement, and monitor a key set of reforms and policies that are essential to improving Nigeria’s ranking on the Global Competitiveness Index (GCI) and Doing Business index, as well as improving Nigeria’s long term competitiveness on a deeper local level.
We are seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to be the pioneer leader of the NCCN. The CEO of the NCCN will be primarily focused on launching and leading the efforts of the secretariat to achieve the council’s goals by: enhancing implementation through monitoring and evaluation; influencing policy making with quantitative evidence and analysis; and fostering dialogue between the public and private sectors. The position will be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Advanced degree in Business Management, Public Policy, Public Administration, Economics, or in a relevant discipline in Banking or Investments, Social sciences
- At least 10 years of experience at senior management levels in the private and public sectors
- Must have experience working successfully with the private sector, public sector (in Nigeria), and global multilateral organizations
- Possess strong analytical, management, and strategic skills
- Be a results-oriented person of integrity with a diplomatic approach to harmonise strong interests and achieve success.
- An excellent communicator, fluent in oral and written English
- Experience with competitiveness related project a plus
For more details, visit http://www.tonyelumelufoundation.org/careers/vacancies.
Remuneration will be competitive within the international development sector.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “National Competitiveness Council of Nigeria CEO” in the subject field.
Closing date for all application is Friday, January 11th 2013.