Guinea Insurance Plc is managed by a crop of highly skilled and committed professionals, driven by modern technology and supported by vibrant and resourceful Board of Directors led by Sir Emeka Offor [KSC]. The company is positioned to provide excellent insurance services of global standard that yield high value-added to our numerous customers.
As part of our transformation agenda, we are seeking the services of people who are humble, smart and hungry for success in a bid to create a world class insurance services provider:
Job Title: Chief Risk Officer/Head, ERM
The Chief Risk Officer shall:
- Be responsible for establishing the risk culture throughout the company.
- Submit a periodic report to the senior management and to the Board on key aspects of the operation of the Risk Management Framework and significant risk exposures.
- Report any significant breaches of risk management policies or risk limits and any material loss incidents, and address all material risk classes as well as considering the overall risk profile.
- Ensure that risks are managed within the risk appetite of the entity. Ensure that business lines comply with risk parameters and prudential limits established by the board
- Ensure that the entity’s risk management processes are properly documented and adequate awareness created amongst all staff to promote risk management culture across the organisation.
The right candidate must:
- Have sound appreciation of Enterprise Risk Management
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following areas: Risk management; Finance; Science; Statistics; Engineering etc.
- Have Risk Management Certification / Graduate of a top-quality intensive risk management Course
- Have sound understanding of insurance industry
- Have considerable experience in insurance business and relationship management
- Have minimum of 10 years in financial industry
- Have Leadership and Relationship Management skills
- Have Excellent Analytical Skill
- Have Good Presentation and Communication Skills
- Have Problem solving skills
All successful candidates must:
- Be proactive
- Possess strong analytical minds and pay attention to details
- Excellent leadership, verbal, written communications and computer skills
- Be excellent team players, with drive and great interpersonal skills
- Be able to cope with change, to be flexible and handle uncertainty
- Possess strong presentation skills
- Be able to make sense of issues, identify and solve problems and “think on one’s feet”
- Be result oriented
- Be able to maintain appropriately directed energy and stamina, to exercise self-control and to learn new behaviours
- Possess ability to exhibit tact and diplomacy in negotiations
- Demonstrate ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- For all leading role, relevant training from leading business schools would be a clear advantage
Application Closing Date
11 December, 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here and apply online