Davis, Offiong Consultants – Our Client, leading operator in the cement manufacturing sector of the economy requires a competent, self-motivated and experienced personnel for immediate engagement.
Position: Recruitment Manager
Reports to the Human Resources Director.
1.) Recruitment Policy and Tools
- Participate in the definition, implementation and updating of the company’s recruitment policy.
- Ensure correct interpretation and implementation of the recruitment policy at each level of the organisation together with the HR managers and in partnership with the Communication and IT departments.
- Design recruitment tools and processes with the aim of ensuring a consistent approach within the Business Unit, facilitating and improving quality of recruitment.
- Provide support and advice to line and functional managers in their recruitment needs.
2.) Needs Analysis
- Anticipate resources needs using O&HR review and propose guidance and guidelines for recruitment.
- Develop internal network with line managers in order to beaware of their needs and to facilitate the recruitment process
- Create an internal source of external candidatures using Linkedin and share this information within the HR community.
- Challenge managers to understand and qualify their needs and to involve them in the recruiting process.
- Provide advice and expertise in order to help them to better define the candidates profile of candidates for the job.
- Balance between long term and short term needs.
- Realize the needs by a job description and definition of requested profile and propose it to the managers in order challenge them and get their feedback.
- Ensure appropriate evaluation of new jobs with the HAY method and internal equity with positions already existing in the organization.
- Assess the various recruiting sources and select the most appropriate ones (recruiting websites, press announces, head hunters, recruiting cabinets, schools relations…) giving priority to internal sources.
- Propose selected sources and organize the recruiting process together with the manager and third parties involved, preparing the briefing for the interviews.
- Analyze candidatures and select candidates whose profile does not only best fit the requirements but also may be developed in the Group in the mid term.
- Ensure that the necessary tests are undertaken where applicable (e.g. graphology or psychology tests/analyses)
- Prepare a short list of candidates, guaranteeing and question the manager on the result.
- Organize meetings between the candidate and the HR Department on the one side and operational managers on the other side.
- Propose the employment contract prepared by the HR Administration department to the candidate.
- Follow new hires and ensure that the “on-boarding” / induction programs are well conducted within the company (participation to introduction meetings, meeting with managers, training programs…)
- Ensure regular report of recruitment activities to HR and operational managers
- For specific job search/hot skills, define and launch specific communication actions to attract best candidates (e.g. first page of recruitment website…)
4.) Recruitment Efficiency / Performance Measurement
- Define KPI for the recruitment activity and regularly follow results (e.g. number of recruitments finalized, quality of recruitment, recruitment duration, career evolution of High Potentials, turnover, feedback from new employees, level of satisfaction of internal clients…)
- Take actions in order to improve recruitment quality and to better answer short and long term resources needs.
5.) External and Internal Communications
- Communicate career opportunities and job offers to company’s employees.
- Participate in the definition of the communication policy of company towards schools, Universities and Professional Institutes and ensure its implementation.
- Create/participate in the creation and regular update of marketing tools for external candidates (e.g. recruitment portal on company’s Internet website, company page on Linkedin, brochures…)
- Participate in campus school events to attract new candidates: promote company’s image and present its job offers and career development opportunities.
- Ensure consistency between the communication made before, during and after the recruitment process regarding Reward elements (compensation, benefits, work environment and career development)
6.) Compensation & Benefits
- Participate in the definition of reward packages for candidates.
- Keep aware of internal and external benchmark surveys relating to compensation and benefits issues in order to follow trends and be able to negotiate with candidates.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound commercial understanding
- The ability to work on own initiative
- Outstanding organizational skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- The ability to work with personnel from all levels
- Numerical and budgeting skills
- IT skills
- Knowledge of Nigerian employment legislation.
- An interest in people career development.
- Tact and the ability to deal with difficult situations.
- A minimum of HND/ Bachelors degree in Human Resource Management, Economics, Industrial Relations, or other Social Science related courses. Membership of HR Professional Bodies, such as CIPMN, CIPD, NIM
- Age between 30-45 years.
- Proactive ,Selfmotivated, Disciplined ,Assertive, Analytical, very Energetic with good team leadership skills (must be a team player).
- High level of drive ,Result Oriented and Good communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years experience in related position using computerized HR Information system in medium / manufacturing organization
Application Closing Date
11 December, 2012
Method of Application
Detailed C.V. and application in own handwriting with copies of credentials/GSM Number, to reach:
The Managing Partner,
Davis, Offiong Consultants,
2, Eyo Eta Street,
P.O. Box 2641, Calabar
(Copies of application could also be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Only shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.