British American Tobacco www.bat.com Nigeria Recruits Finance Coordinator Nigeria 2012
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
British American Tobacco is recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Finance Coordinator – Leaf
Job Number: 337BR
Appointment Type: Permanent
To provide timely and accurate financial information on leaf and manufacturing cost to support timely reporting to the Operations team based in Ibadan (which includes Manufacturing, Product Services and Supply Chain) to enable them make informed decisions and efficient and effective business plans.
1.) Operational/Technical/Professional Results
- Ensure timely and accurate computation of standard cost cards for leaf for Company plan and Quarterly Business Review purposes.
- Prompt preparation of actual leaf cost against budget as an input into the monthly operations score card.
- Take part in monthly stock check of leaf stock; ensure accuracy of stock take and reconciliation of leaf inventory in SAP with General Ledger accounts.
- Timely and accurate preparation of accurate monthly tobacco waste report that will support the Operations Team in analysing, interpreting and reporting tobacco waste with respect to the approved standard.
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly manufacturing cost report and also accurate and prompt preparation of variance analyses (actual versus budget) and obtain and or provide explanations for major variations.
- Monthly reconciliation of relevant accounts like leaf (imported & local), Cut Rag Tobacco and inventory suspense accounts.
2.) Leadership Results
- Ensure development and implementation of Training & Development plans for self.
- Ensure self development by improving knowledge of the other roles in the department and company.
3.) Management Results
- Accurate and prompt preparations of variance analyses (actual versus budget) on monthly basis of Leaf cost and obtain and or provide explanations for the same.
- To support the Manufacturing Finance Manager (MFM) in establishing, reviewing and maintaining appropriate management information and control systems within the Factory Operation/Supply Chain functions
- Prompt and accurate preparation of all leaf cost input required for central reporting to Globe House/Region/Area.
4.) Relationship Results
- Work with Manufacturing Finance Manager (MFM) and Primary Manufacturing Department Manager to reduce leaf waste levels and improve productivity.
- Work with MFM to improve accuracy and relevance of management information being produced.
5.) Innovation Results
- Participate in projects within finance, operations and other departments as agreed by line manager.
- The Leaf Costing supervisor must be an Accounting/Finance graduate with sound knowledge of costing, with minimum 2 to 3 years work experience.
- He/she should have very good communication skills and have the ability to understand the needs of non-finance internal customers. He/she should be able to work with all levels of staff within the Company.
- The jobholder needs to be creative, proactive and persuasive as the jobholder will be involved in implementation of new systems, controls and procedures.
Application Closing Date
12 December, 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: when the page opens, click Search Openings and Select Nigeria