Snr Programme Assistant jobs vacancy at UNHCR Nigeria 2012
Vacancy Notice No: 2012/VA/01
Post Title: Snr Programme Assistant
Post no: 10010391
Contract type: Fixed Term
Duration of contract: One year with possibility of renewal
Deadline for application: 29 November 2012
Duty Station: Abuja, Nigeria
Supervisor: Admin/Programme Associate
Starting: 02 January 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Admin/Programme Associate, the Senior Programme Assistant is responsible for assisting the Representation in Nigeria in the implementation of Programme tasks. The Supervisor will provide general guidance and work plans for identifying work priorities and appropriate approaches. Work is controlled for meeting expected results and conformity to policy and procedures, in accordance with the principles and human values of the United Nations and in adherence with the UNHCR Code of Conduct:
1. Collects, registers and maintains information on project activities,
2. Prepare status and progress reports, prepare tables and draft routine correspondence.
3. Prepare background material for use in discussions and briefing sessions.
4. Undertake proper collection, monitoring and use of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyse programme performance, trends and target Interventions
5. Review the implementation and performance of IPs agreements through appropriate physical monitoring to evaluate the projects by reviewing work plans, progress reports, budget financial reports and expenditures. This may include field visits for specific monitoring and evaluation issues.
6. Apply UNHCR’s corporate tools (e.g. Global Focus. Focus Client) to assess the technical soundness of the operator generate data for evidence-based decisions at the country-level.
7. Assist in ensuring compliance in issuance of audit certificates for implementing Partners.
8. Perform other duties as required
- Completion of Secondary education courses/ training/certificate in Business Administration, Social Science, international Law or related field
- Communication and training skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Minimum 4 years of previous job experience relevant to me function
- Computer skills (MS Office Suite, Org Plus and People Soft applications).
- Fluency in English and very good Knowledge of the local language.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN language is an asset
Desirable Qualification & Competencies
- Completion of the UNHCR Learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR financial rules, procedures and processes.
- Knowledge of UNHCR specific programmes (MSRP, Focus, etc,).
- Prior exposure to UNHCR refugee operations and functions relating to office administration and programme activities
How to Apply
Applications must include:
- A handwritten application letter and a resume as detailed as possible, with an email address.
- Photocopies of diplomas or certificates.
- Copies of work certificates justifying professional experience.
- For UN staff: an updated Personal History form (P 11) and the two latest performance evaluation reports (e-PAD).
How to Apply:
Send your applications to the below address before the closing date under confidential cover clearly indicating the vacancy notice number and “Application for Senior Programme Assistant” to:
The UNHCR Representation to Nigeria & ECOWAS
61, Jose Marti Crescent,
Asokoro, Abuja, Nigeria
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not submit originals documents as application files will not be returned.