Senior Human Resources Assistant jobs vacancy at UNHCR Nigeria 2012
Vacancy Notice No: 2012/VA/02
Title: Senior Human Resources Assistant
Post no: 10010395
Contract type: Fixed Term
Duration of contract: One year with possibility of renewal
Deadline for application: 29 November 2012
Duty Station: Abuja. Nigeria
Supervisor: Admin/Programme Associate
Starting: 01 March 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Admin/Programme Associate, the Human Resource Assistant is responsible for assisting the Office/Division in implementation of Human Resource Management tasks. The Supervisor will provide general guidance and work plans for identifying work priorities and appropriate approaches. Work is controlled for meeting expected results and conformity to policy and procedures, in accordance with the principles and human values of the United Nations and in adherence with the UNHCR Code of Conduct:
- Assist in the recruitment, assignment and reassignment of local general service staff. Prepare document for the interview panel for the recruitment of local staff.
- Process local staff member contracts, entitlements and benefits in accordance with Staff Rules and established HR procedures.
- Upgrade personnel related information in MSRP/HR modules where this activity has been rolled out from PAPS to the respective office.
- Advise staff member on their rights, obligations, and assist them in interpreting UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations.
- Assist newly-arrived international staff with administrative formalities related to their accreditations, security/ground passes, submission of completed forms and related documents to headquarters, arrange travel and hotel reservations
- Assist with shipment of their personal effects in coordination with the logistics section.
- Administer UNHCR medical insurance plan for locally recruited staff. Provide administrative support to staff and dependants in case of medical evacuations.
- Maintain personnel records in the office, including maintenance of the attendance, overtime and leave records.
- Prepare staffing lists to be distributed to the admin focal points and the Representative on a regular basis
- Assist in processing human resources issues with RRWA Dakar and PAPS Budapest.
- Takes follow up action with Nigeria staff for timely completion of ePADs.
- Assists in preparing administrative budget and staffing for annual submissions and reviews.
- Perform other dukes as required.
- Completion of Secondary education or equivalent Technical or Commercial School in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resource or other related field
- Minimum 5 years of job experience relevant to the function.
- Computer skills (MS Office Suite, Org Plus and People Soft applications).
- Good knowledge of UNHCR administrative procedures and processes and exposure to provision of support services in an international organization.
- Fluency in English and very good Knowledge of the local language.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN language is an asset
Desirable Qualification & Competencies
- Knowledge of UN and UNHCR Admin and financial rules, procedures and processes.
- High IT affinity and working experience of People Soft/MSRP
- Completion of the UNHCR Learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Communication skills.
How to Apply
Applications must include:
- A handwritten application letter and a resume as detailed as possible, with an email address.
- Photocopies of diplomas or certificates.
- Copies of work certificates justifying professional experience.
- For UN staff: an updated Personal History form (P 11) and the two latest performance evaluation reports (e-PAD).
How to Apply:
Send your applications to the below address before the closing date under confidential cover clearly indicating the vacancy notice number and “Application for Senior HR Assistant” to:
The UNHCR Representation to Nigeria & ECOWAS
61, Jose Marti Crescent,
Asokoro, Abuja, Nigeria
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not submit originals documents as application files will not be returned.