Office Assistant at United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN) Nigeria 2012
The UN Women (United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women) is recruiting personnel for the following position in the Country Office in Abuja
Position: Office Assistant
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Post level: ICS 02
Duty Post: Country Office
Duration: One (1)Year (renewable but subject to satisfactory performance)
Under the direct supervision of the Administrative Associate, the incumbent performs the following duties:-
- Collects and delivers mail, pouches and other communications to and from the UN Registry.
- Receive all visitors of the Office.
- Maintain, develop, evaluate and constantly review the office files and keep information and reference materials in a manner which allows easy and quick storage and retrieval of information for the Country Office, including personnel files.
- Collating of bulky documents, and distribute as may be assigned.
- Assist the Administrative Associate in assets management and tracking.
- Sorts, delivers and picks up mail from various offices on the premises at regular intervals. Keeps records as required:
- Packs materials received for dispatch, affixes labels, inserts materials in envelopes and franks outgoing mail.
- Make photocopies and collate same as required.
- Assists with the arrangement of tea breaks during meetings.
- General clerical assistance.
- Performs other duties as required
Qualification and experience:
The ideal candidate should:
- Be a Nigerian National, (Male or Female)
- Be a secondary School Graduate
- Possess at least 2 years cognate experience.
- Have a good knowledge of the UN system
- Possess good oral and writing skills in English
- Have demonstrated a sense of integrity in the discharge of their duties.
Closing date: on 28th November 2012
Method of Application
For further details on the job description and application process, please visit UNDP’s corporate job site at (http://www.ng.undp.org/jobs.shtml) and submit applications. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.