Librarian I, Librarian II, Graduate Assistant jobs vacancy at Sokoto State University Nigeria 2012
Vacancies: Librarian I, Librarian II, Graduate Assistant
Sokoto State University is a new conventional degree awarding Institution whose motto ‘it all begins here’ depicts the concept of education as a determinant of progress and societal advancement
It visions to become world-class institution that produces globally competitive graduates who can advance economic development am are prepared to meet challenges of the millennium.
It is in this regard that the University wishes to engage suitably qualified applicants to fill the following positions that will commence academic programmes in the 2013/2014 session:
Position: Librarian I
- Applicants must hold Masters degree in library Science.
- S/he must have sufficient and relevant publications in peer reviewed, reputable journals and Conference proceedings with at least three (3) years of cognate experience.
- Applicant must also be proficient in computer.
Position: Librarian II
- Applicant must obtain Masters or Bachelors degree in library Science.
- S/he must have sufficient and relevant publication, in peer reviewed, reputable journals and referred Conference proceedings with at least two (2) years of cognate experience
- Applicant must also be proficient in Computer.
Position: Graduate Assistant
- Applicants must hold a Second Class degree in Library Science.
- S/he must also be proficient in computer.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should submit their applications and up-dated Curriculum vitae to include contact mobile phone numbers, and e-mail address through the University’s e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by courier to
Sokoto State University,
Not later than 31st December, 2012
For academic positions these are open to Nigerians and expatriates.
Salary and Condition of Service
The salaries and conditions of service are as applicable to the post appointed for in Nigerian Universities as approved by Sokoto State Government and the Governing Council of the University from time to time.