Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting for the position of:
Job Title: Unit Operational Risk Manager
Job ID: 360621
Job Function: Technology & Operations
- Assist Unit Head and Operational Risk Manager GTO (Group Technology & Operations) in coordinating, driving and directing effective compliance and operational risk management at the Business Unit level.
- Implement controls within the unit to meet all regulatory and internal requirements
- Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities and timely resolution of risk issues
- Embed Operational Risk culture and all risk monitoring framework of the Bank in FMO (Financial Market Operations) in line with group requirement and ensure full compliance with FMO standards as defined in the FMO KCS
- Assist Head of FMO in implementing changes to internal standards/procedures in line with business development.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Monitor outstanding reconciliation items for all accounts owned by the unit and ensure prompt treatment of items.
- Act as the first point of contact with the Central reconciliation team for reconciling items.
- Review outstanding confirmation of trades, investigations, error log and efficiency indicators (KPI)
- Prepare monthly proof of the unit’s accounts for submission to Central Finance via FCS.
- Monitor forward deals and ensure no outstanding confirmation of trades in line with procedure.
- To investigate and promptly resolve (or escalate) any irregularities relating to the unit trades.
- Be the first point of contact to audit and regulatory queries on FMO related transactions
- Review Operational risk and Operational Loss issues reported and ensure effectiveness and timeliness of resolution.
- Coordinate & consolidate OR issues and Operational Losses (Ops Loss) for the unit and submit to FORG monthly
- Ensure all identified operational risk and Losses are logged in Phoenix in line with the guideline.
- Ensure/assist in the creation and maintenance of a compliance culture, undertake compliance monitoring, generate timely and accurate compliance reports if required, proactively advise Country Compliance on compliance issues, and update new matrices as required.
- Ensure the team remains alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: Identifying your customer, reporting suspicion, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicious transactions to customers and that all staff within the team are trained in combating money laundering.
- Ensure compliance by the department with all relevant laws and regulations
- Track all OR open issues escalated until resolution
- Track all Operational Loss open items for fund recovery (if any)
- Act as a source of reference for minor technical Phoenix issues for the team.
- Schedule training calendar according to theme [KYC, MLP, OR, Compliance, Optial (KCSA completion) and Phoenix etc
- Conduct risk awareness training for new policies, procedures and related issues.
- Act as the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and assist BMLPO in ensuring appropriate internal controls and procedures for Money Laundering are in place and working as intended.
- Review and evaluate STR raised by unit for escalation to appropriate officers.
- Ensure actions as prescribed by FORG are taken and track issues until resolved
- Review risk issues reported by RPs within the Unit.
- Ensure the performance of KCSA checks on Optial before due date.
- Conduct risk-based ad-hoc reviews together with ORM (where necessary)
- Act as a coordinator for internal/external auditors and compliance reviewers at the business unit level
- Review report on OR/compliance findings and work together with the Unit head to close gaps identified.
- Contribute to and implement detailed testing of disaster recovery contingency plans
- Closely monitor COPMAN to ensure adequate & timely review completion by the team.
- Ensure all required analysis, statistics and returns are completed accurately and same submitted to the relevant parties timely.
- Ensure all MIS for BOLD are tracked and all templates populated monthly.
- Coordinate BCP efforts for the Units.
- To generate and maintain complete MIS for the department’s activities covering all products.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree plus minimum of 5 years experience in banking operations
- Sound knowledge of financial market products.
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Good analytical skills to analyze, interpret, resolve and change workflow to improve productivity
- Ability to identify, analyze and manage operational risks
- Good PC skills – spreadsheets and word processing
- Adaptable, flexible, independent and innovative.
- Thorough knowledge of local regulations governing Financial market Operations
Application Closing Date
7th December, 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, at the Location dropdown, select Nigeria – SCB and click Search, then click Unit Operational Risk Manager