Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting for the position of:
Job Title: Business Planning Manager – Financial Market
Job ID: 357837
Job Function: General Management
Business Planning Manager in WB COO’s office
Acting in the capacity of strategic planning, due diligence co-ordinator, goal setting, performance monitoring and project management for business.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
To act as the strategic advisor for the Country WB Co-Heads. To provide key input in the development and implementation of the strategic path for the business. To also assist in implementation of the strategic plans and monitoring of deliverables. To also be the key driver of important Group and regional initiatives.
To provide full support to the Regional Head in the management of the business and to be the key contact and co-ordination point for the business heads for day to day issues.
- Ensure the proper application of WB governance and control tools ensuring that they are continuously improved, undertaking periodic reviews and suggesting improvements.
- Continuously seek to improve the usage, accuracy and application of Customer Profitability Reporting with the ultimate aim of ensuring zero revenue leakage and accurate reporting.
- Work with WB Finance to ensure that there is the necessary level of cost transparency Business and Process Improvement
- Identify, analyze, lead / participate in all initiatives intended to improve WB financial performance, operating efficiency, risk and people management.
- Work with stakeholders to continuously improve standards across all product areas including credit, striking a balance between compliance and blockages
- Ensure proper adoption and constant improvement of risk management framework
- Work with Risk to continuously improve and ensure relevance of policies and processes Strategy Development & Implementation
- Work with the Co- Heads, Regional Executives, Business Head, Product partners and Business Support functions to develop and refresh OCC strategies.
- Assist to identify and drive new revenue streams for WB, with specific responsibility for planning, execution and coordination of these efforts.
- Ensure top management communication is delivered and understood by team members
- Assist in the coordination and success of WB events, campaigns workshops & seminars.
- Implement and generate awareness of centrally and locally driven WB initiatives Investment
- Understand the staffing / space / systems requirement and accordingly approach internal stakeholders for proper investments
- Input into country and regional capacity model development
- Interface with product partners on staffing initiatives or any other product roll-out / focus
- Work with finance to manage investments and tracking of hiring and return on investments.
- Work with CRES, IT etc, to recognize and articulate real estate, systems and other infrastructural requirements to support growth and revenue aspirations.
- Constantly improve the WB induction programme for all new staff.
- between compliance and blockages
- Remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the bank’s effort in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers
Qualifications & Skills
- Business management skill
- Finance experience
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
Application Closing Date
23rd November, 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, at the Location dropdown, select Nigeria – SCB and click Search, then click Business Planning Manager – Financial Market