Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) (email@example.com) Award for Journalists, Nigeria 2012
Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) is the apex regulatory institution of the Nigerian capital market supervised by the Federal Ministry of Finance.
The Commission has evolved over time having started with the establishment of the Capital Issues Committee in 1962 by the government as an essential arm of the Central Bank of Nigeria. This was purely an ad-hoc, non-statutory committee, which later metamorphosed into SEC in 1979, following a comprehensive review of the Nigerian financial system, with the promulgation of SEC Decree No. 71 of 1979. Successive reviews of this earlier enactment led to the introduction of a new legislation, the Investments and Securities Act (ISA) No 45 of 1999. The ISA No. 45 of 1999 was repealed with the promulgation of the ISA No. 25 of 2007, which gives the Commission its current power.
SEC Capital market Essay for Journalists.
Entries are invited from registered Journalists on the subject matter:
Subject Matter: News/feature essays that “further the cause of a viable capital market”
- Open to all Journalists using print, TV, radio or online medium. Working full-time or freelance.
- Only practicing Nigerian journalists who are registered members of either NUJ or NGE are eligible.
- Professional journalists in the employ of Capital market regulatory institutions/SRO’s – SEC, NSE, CSCS, are ineligible to apply.
- Single Person per Entry
- Group participation/Entries will not be allowed
- Entries must be via Email
- Subject Matter: News/feature essays that “further the cause of a viable capital market”
- Target Audience of report: Primarily targeted at local and international investors
- 150 word summary of the submitted report, in its background and context
- Journalist’s CV
- Passport phootograph
- Language – English
- Words: MAximum 2000 words
- Paper – A4
- Line Spacing – 1.5
- Font – Arial 12
- Format – PDF
Method of Application
Entries should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Subject line should read: “ENTRY: SEC AWARD FOR JOURNALISTS 2012″
Application Deadline Friday, November 23, 2012