British American Tobacco Nigeria BATN (http://www.batnscholarship.com)
Scholarship Nigeria 2012
British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN), in conjunction with British American Tobacco lseyin Agronomy (BATIA), invites applications from qualified Nigerian undergraduates, for the 2012/2013 Scholarship Scheme.
Ten eligible students are awarded scholarships every year for the duration of their study, with five slots reserved for eligible children of BAT registered tobacco farmers.
However, students who are children of BAT registered tobacco farmers are now being given the opportunity to apply for other courses asides from Agriculture.
The Scholarship Scheme is one of our Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives to promote skilled manpower development in Nigeria’s Agricultural sector.
The BATN / BATIA Scholarship Scheme was established in 2004 to encourage the higher educational ambitions of children (aged 18 and above) of BATIA’s registered tobacco farmers.
The Scheme is open to:
- Qualified applicants who are children of BAT registered tobacco farmers.
- Other qualified applicants from across Nigeria.
All applicants must be Nigerian citizens aged 18 years or above with SSCE or its equivalent with at least six subjects passed in one sitting
1.) For children of BAT registered tobacco farmers, admission to study or registered first year student studying any course in a Nigerian Tertiary institution
2.) For other applicants across Nigeria – admission to study or registered first year student studying Agriculture/Agriculture – related course in a Nigerian tertiary institution
And should be Holders of the SSCE or its equivalent with at least six subjects passed in one sitting.
Mode of Application
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the above criteria should please visit our website at:
- Go to Corporate Social Responsibility
- Follow the instructions under BATN/BATIA 2012/2013 Scholarship Scheme
Important Points To Note
- All applicants are required to provide active contact addresses, phone numbers and email addresses which must be traceable and valid for the next 9 months.
- Students who are currently on similar scholarship Schemes need not apply.
- Dependants of employees of BAT Nigeria, BATIA and the BAT Nigeria Foundation are not eligible for this Scholarship.
- All applications must be made online.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for tests
- Successful applicants will be listed on the website.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Monday, 12th November, 2012.
Applications sent after the closing date will not be considered.