Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Country(OPEC) is a permanent intergovernmental organization of 12 oil-exporting developing nations that coordinates and unifies the petroleum policies of its Member Countries.
The OPEC Secretariat is the executive organ of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC). Located in Vienna, it also functions as the Headquarters of the Organization, in accordance with the provisions of the OPEC Statute.
OPEC is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Head, Finance & Human Resources Department
Job Code: 9.1.01
Within the Support Services Division, the Finance & Human Resources Department is to provide services related to managing the human and financial resources of the Organization. The Department is responsible for budgets, accounting and internal control as well as human resources planning and management. The Department comprises two organizational sections: the Finance and Human Resources Sections.
Objective of Position:
The Head plans, organizes, coordinates, manages and evaluates the work of the Finance & Human Resources Department in accordance with the work programme and budget of the Department so as to optimize its support to the Secretariat in achieving its overall objectives. The work covers responsibilities of policies, development and management of human resources and of setting up and managing the Secretariat’s annual budget.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, manages and evaluates the work in the Finance & Human Resources Department covering:
1.) Human resources planning/forecasting, recruitment/selection, training & development, Performance Management System, policies development, compensation & benefits as well as administration of termination;
2) The annual budget of the Division, Departments and Offices, the control of the expenditures and the preparation of the financial reports;
3) The coordination of the preparation of the Secretariat’s annual budget;
4) The enhancement of inter-departmental collaboration and cooperation;
5) Taking appropriate measures to ensure an optimal culture and working climate in the Organization by regularly comparing compensations and benefits in the other Vienna based international and private organizations to keep the Secretariat a competitive employer;
6) The development of staff by arranging/coordinating adequate training programs.
- Participates in all interview panels as the leading member.
- Ensures full responses to requests by the Conference, the Board of Governors and standing committees for studies and special reports relevant to the work program of the Department.
- Arranges presentations at relevant OPEC meetings and international forums representing the Secretariat as required.
- Develops and maintains networks with external experts and institutions in fields relating to the work of the Department.
- Keeps the Director of the Support Services Division fully informed on all aspects of the work of the Department, and draws his/her attention to important analyses performed by it.
- Evaluates the performance of the staff of the Department, and recommends to the Director of the Support Services Division, staff development, salary increase, promotion and separations as appropriate.
- Ensures that the staff of the Department receive the supervision and guidance necessary to broaden and deepen their skills and continuously improve their performance.
- Prepares the annual budget for the Department.
Required Competencies and Qualifications:
- Advanced University degree (PhD preferred) in Business Administration or equivalent subject
- A minimum of 12 years (10 years in case of a PhD degree) with a minimum of 4 years in a managerial position, preferably at large national, regional, or international institutions
- Training/specialization: Human Resources Management, Financial Management (cost & benefit analysis), Office Administration, Professional Management & Leadership
- Competencies: Managerial & leadership skills, communication skills, decision making skills, strategic orientation, analytical skills, presentation skills, interpersonal skills, customer service orientation, negotiation skills, initiative and integrity
- Language: English
- Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.
Status and Benefits:
Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
The post is at grade B reporting to the Director of the Support Services Division. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
Application Closing Date
31st October 2012.
Method of Application
Applicants are requested to fill out the application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor for OPEC.
Note: In order for applications to be considered, they must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor