REPUTABLE CONSULTING FIRM IN LEKKI NIGERIA RECRUITING FOR A FINANCE MANAGER JOB 2012
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION
Page 1 of 2
Job Title: Finance Manager/Accountant
1. To manage the financial and internal controls of the firm and provide for effective
reporting to management.
2. To manage the budget process and business plans of the company.
3. To manage all tax activities for the firm and its employees.
4. Create an environment that is conducive to good employee working conditions and
manage the human resources required for the finance function.
KPA BRIEF DESCRIPTION
1. Internal control and
Implement and maintain an effective internal control system and
financial control. Provide accurate and informative reporting on
the financial results of the firmthat will enable effective
2. Financial System
Ensure that the financial systems and processes are
implemented that are efficient and effective and support the
internal controls processes and procedures. These must be
maintained and reengineered on a continuous basis to ensure at
all times they are effective and efficient.
Ensure that there is accurate accounting in accordance with
Nigerian accounting standards that facilitates effective reporting
4. Budgeting Ensure that there is an accurate and effective budget process in
place to ensure sound financial control and reporting and
forecasting of financial results.
5. Human Resources Ensure all positions in the finance function are filled and no
undue pressures are placed on employees as well as manage
the resources to ensure efficient allocation of work, segregation
of duties and the performance management process.
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS EXPLANATION
1. Analytical Skills Ability to recognise financial events and consequences of actions;
exercise good judgment with value added recommendations.
Ability to understand the functions of every department in the
firm, its relationship with other departments and its overall
contribution to the objectives of the organisation.
Ability to organise, prioritise and evaluate work as well supervise
and direct subordinates.
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION
Page 2 of 2
4. Basic Computer
Ability to use Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc, for presentation and
5. Legal Services
Ability to relate with partners and associates in the firm and
ensure an understanding of the finance function as supportive to
all legal service operations.
DUCATION AND E
1. B.Sc Accounting or related course
2. ACA, ACMA or ACCA
3. Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in the management of financial
systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, taxation and
providing financial advice.
4. Hands-on experience with Sage Line-50 accounting software.
Incumbent’s Superior: Finance Partners
Location: Lekki, Lagos
APPLY TO: INFO@BFC-NG.COM